Simrad AP2402 Autopilot System
FREE Standard Shipping over $99.
Good Sam Members: FREE Shipping over $49
This item is excluded from all discounts and promotions.
- This item is currently not available
• AP24 Control Head
• AC42 Course Computer with Simkit-1
• RC42 Rate Compass
• RF300 Rudder Feedback
• Complete set of Turn Patterns - including Depth Contour Tracking, programmable S-turn, Zigzag, Continuous turn, Square patterns, and many more.
• Improved steering algorithms - full Rate of Turn (ROT) control provides smooth and precise turns in any condition and improves tack and gybe performance on sailboats.
• No Drift Course - Maintain set Course over Ground even in severe wind and current conditions.
State of the art display and control functions and advanced SimNet networking, makes the all new AP24 the perfect autopilot for larger power and sail boats. The AP24 control unit features a large LCD display and operation via the brand new interface. This simple display and control setup gives you access to a raft of features and performance options.
The AP24 include a number of self-calibrating features that automatically compensate for the unique handling characteristics of your boat and sea conditions, ensuring optimum performance without the need for expert manual calibration.
This unique Simrad feature utilizes data from your fishfinder or depth instrument to maintain a set water depth, just as if you were manually steering your boat along depth contours on a paper chart. This leaves you free to concentrate on the big catch, enjoy the shoreline view, or trim your sail.
Advanced Wind Steering
The AWS feature provides unbeatable autopilot performance for any sailing vessel. AWS is ideal for single-handed sailing or racing. Utilizing wind and GPS data simultaneously, it is possible to hit long distance waypoints dead-on, without deviating from the original course line.
Rate Of Turn Control
The AP24 is equipped with advanced control algorithms that enable smooth and precise turns, regardless of sea conditions. This feature also improves tack and gybe performance on sailboats.
The AP24 includes a number of data pages where you can view autopilot parameters such as compass heading, set course, rudder position, as well as information received from other SimNet compatible equipment such as GPS navigation data and IS20 wind, depth, and speed data.
Expanded multi-station compatibility offers several control options, including use of the AP28 control unit. Any future autopilot control units will also work, thanks to the SimNet system.
- Perfect autopilot for larger power and sailboats
- Large LCD screen
- Self-calibrating features increase performance
- Contour steering maintains water depth
- Smooth and precise turns