Simrad DrivePilot Hydraulic-Steer Pack
Everything you need in one box to fit an autopilot to your hydraulic-steer outboard motor, the DrivePilot lets you focus on any activity while keeping the boat on course. When connected to a NSS evo2 or NSO evo2 multifunction display (DrivePilot requires the latest NSS/NSO evo2 software), it can steer to a waypoint or along a route, select a turn pattern or simply hold a constant heading. The Simrad DrivePilot Hydraulic-Steer Pack is supplied with a RC42 rate compass which is often used in much larger commercial vessels.
Simrad GO7/NSS evo2/NSO evo2 Navigation System Integration
Designed exclusively for Simrad navigation system control, the Simrad DrivePilot Hydraulic-Steer Pack does not include or require a dedicated head unit - perfect for smaller vessels with limited helm space. Set a heading, steer to a waypoint, or follow a predefined route, right from your existing touchscreen display - or take control and steer with precision. Easily convert trails to routes - so you can retrace a previous track - with the "one-touch" route creation feature.
Dash-mount Auto/Standby button
The Simrad DrivePilot Hydraulic-Steer Pack includes a remote, dash-mount auto/standby button for installation at the helm. This lets you enable the autopilot with ease, or disable the autopilot and take manual control in an instant.
Automatic Turn Patterns
Pre-set turn patterns make maneuvers such as U-turns simple and fuel efficient, while more complex turn patterns support activities such as fishing, searching for dive sites, or even mapping your favourite lake with Insight Genesis and the built-in sonar or a networked SonarHub sounder module.
Super-Quiet 0.8 L Hydraulic Pump
The Simrad DrivePilot Hydraulic-Steer Pack includes a highly efficient `PUMP-1' 0.8 litre hydraulic gear pump, suitable to drive hydraulic steering systems on inboard and single or double outboard vessels under 10 m (35 ft). High efficiency, 12V operation is suitable for smaller vessels, while super-quiet operation helps to keep your time on the water as enjoyable as possible.
Virtual Rudder Feedback
Simplifying autopilot installation and maintenance, Simrad Virtual Rudder Feedback technology means the NAC-1 does not require the installation of a separate feedback unit to track outboard position on single or dual-outboard vessels.
Optional Rudder Position Sensor
On inboard vessels, an RF25N rudder feedback sensor (sold separately) can be used to precisely measure rudder position, providing smooth autopilot operation and a useful indication of rudder angle on your display at the helm. The RF25N includes a 5.5 meter (18 ft) cable with Micro-C connector for easy connection to your boat's NMEA 2000 network.
Easy To Install, Everything Included
This comprehensive kit includes everything required for professional or DIY installation on single or dual-outboard vessels. Detailed instructions are provided, and plug-and-play connectors on the NAC-1 Autopilot Computer help make installation quicker and easier than ever.
• Steer your vessel to a heading, waypoint, route or cursor, with control from your NSS evo2 or NSO evo2 display
• Repeat your path with automatic turn patterns
• Recommended for outboard and sterndrive steering systems, on boats that are 30 feet and less, in length
• VRF (Virtual Rudder Feedback) - simplifies pilot installation -- eliminating the need for a rudder position sensor
• Easy setup - straightforward guide steps you through first-time install
• Easy-to-install, plug-and-socket connection - with no complex terminal wiring
• Supported by Simrad Service and Support program
*For displacement hulls or other difficult-to-steer vessels, an AP24, AP28 or IS40 Autopilot system is recommended
In the Box:
• NAC-1 Autopilot Computer
• PUMP-1 Hydraulic Pump
• RC42 Heading Sensor
• Hydraulic Pump Fitting Kit -- Everything you need to connect with your existing hydraulic system - including t-connectors, hoses and oil.
• Auto/Standby Button -- Mounts anywhere on dash and changes Autopilot from STBY to AUTO mode with one press.
• NMEA 2000 Networking Kit