Maxwell's all new HRC10 Horizontal Series represents yet another breakthrough in performance and anchor handling excellence. These horizontal, fully automatic rope/chain windlasses have been designed to meet the demands for use on larger vessels up to 52', which require a completely above deck installation system. The HRC10 flawlessly handles rope up to 5/8" and chain up to3/8" in size, including the thick rope to chain splice. The modern appearance of the HRC10 Series retains the classic good looks of previous Maxwell horizontal windlasses, while incorporating design features years ahead of its competitors.
All HRC Series windlasses are fitted with Maxwell's unique Wave Design chain wheel. This patented rope/chain wheel incorporates two unique design concepts that greatly improve the handling and control of the rope/chain spliced rode. The outer ribs of the chain wheel are angled slightly forward ensuring that the rope and the chain are smoothly guided in the wheel during anchor retrieval.
As the rope pulls into the wheel, the opposite facing inner ribs grip the rope in an undulating manner, securing the rope more firmly in a 'wave pattern' action that is far superior to the traditional 'jam cleat' manner of holding the rope. Not only does this Wave Design hold the rope more securely, it is also kinder on the rope resulting in increased longevity of your anchor rode.
Wave Design Chain Wheel
Is fitted to all HRC Series windlasses, designed for anchor rodes with any marine grade chain, G4, BBB, Proof Coil, and Metric.
HRC10 Horizontal Rope Chain Windlass Features:
• The all new HRC10 fully automatic horizontal windlass series is designed to effortlessly retrieve and deploy 8mm and 10mm short link chain and 14mm and 16mm three-strand or 8-brait (plait) rope.
• The aesthetically pleasing above deck design, evolved from the philosophy of form follows function, encapsulates the motor and drive in a two-part watertight case which saves space below deck.
• The two-part case consists of a die cast, marine-grade hard anodized alloy front section and a rugged and easily removable composite motor cover aft section.
• This two-piece watertight case allows for quick and easy, on-deck, routine maintenance.
• Simple "bolt down" installation ensures effortless and rapid on-deck installation and setup.
• The stainless steel pressure arm always exertsmaximum control pressure on the rode (rope, splice or chain).
• The new and revolutionary patented Wave Design chain wheel is able to accommodate a wide range of chain pitch differences, within the specified chain size diameters, suitable for use with the HRC10 Series.
• The unique Maxwell "wrap around" horizontal chain wheel ensures that more than 90° of the wheel is used, allowing greatly improved rope and chain handling compared with competitor designs.
• The HRC10 works just as effectively with all-chain rodes for those who desire the added security and holding power of an all-chain anchor system.
• The integral chain pipe and huge, through deck hawse pipe throat, ensures easy entry of the rope/chain rode into and out of the anchor locker.
• Cone type clutch/brake mechanism permits manual, "free fall" anchoring and emergency crank recovery of the rode and anchor if required.
• The sealed oil bath and marine-grade hard anodized alloy gearbox provides high efficiency output drive via precision worm and worm wheel.