Garmin Reactor 40 Mechanical/Retrofit/Solenoid Autopilot Core Pack
This item is excluded from all discounts and promotions.
Solid-State 9-Axis Attitude Heading Reference System
With its advanced solid-state, 9-axis Attitude Heading Reference System (AHRS), you are able to mount the Reactor 40 nearly anywhere, in any orientation. In addition, this system greatly minimizes heading error, course deviation, rudder movement, and power consumption, while providing a more comfortable ride for all onboard.
Reacts to Conditions
This amazing autopilot actually reacts to the sea to hold your course. Even when the boat is pitching and rolling in rough water, you can remain confident that the Reactor 40 autopilot will keep you on your desired course.
Minimal Commissioning And Calibration
All autopilots require commissioning and calibration - all of them. However, Garmin took what is normally a 20 minute process and reduced it to as little as 5 minutes. That's the power of simple.
Full Integration with Garmin Chartplotters
You have full control of the Reactor 40 from your chartplotter display. Combined with a compatible Garmin networked chartplotter and BlueChart g2 Vision charts, you can enjoy optional features like Auto Guidance, which automatically steers GPS paths.
Stay in Control with Shadow Drive Technology
The Reactor 40 with SmartPump features patented Shadow Drive technology. This gives you the security of knowing you maintain control, even when the autopilot is engaged. The Shadow Drive system automatically disengages the autopilot if the helm is turned, giving you the freedom to maneuver the boat. The autopilot automatically re-engages when you hold a steady course.
Connect to Networked Devices
The Reactor 40 autopilot is operated using up to 3 GHC helm control units. GHC communicates with the autopilot system via your NMEA 2000 network, so autopilot heading data can be shared easily with other devices. This enables MARPA and chart overlay when connected to a Garmin chartplotter. An optional handheld wireless remote control is also available. However, for the highest level of convenience, control GHC using a compatible quatix 3 or quatix 5 marine multisport smartwatch.
Add Even More Peace of Mind
Add an optional GRF 10 rudder feedback sensor and you can further enhance the performance of your Reactor 40 autopilot with SmartPump.
• CCU Dimensions: 4.3" x 4.4" x 1.9"
• ECU Dimensions: 6.6" x 4.6" x 2.1"
• Supply voltage: 10V to 30V
• Temperature range: From 5°F to 140°F
• Construction: Fully gasketed, high-impact plastic
• Waterproof to IEC 529 IPX7 standards
• Maximum instantaneous motor current: 40A
• Maximum clutch current: 2.5A
What's in the box:
• Reactor 40 CCU (Course Computer Unit)
• GHC 20 helm control display
• ECU (Electronic Control Unit)
• ECU power cable
• Interconnect cable
• NMEA 2000 drop cables (2 meters)
• NMEA 2000 T-connectors
• Male and female terminators
• GPSMAP Series
• GPSMAP 8500/8530 Black Box
- Advanced marine technology for the boating public
- Eliminates heading error and rudder movement
- Minimal commissioning and calibration times
- Full integration with Garmin chartplotters