6in Drop Hitch, 3" Shank
- Ships from vendorThis item is currently not available
This item is excluded from all discounts and promotions.
We believe in offering the very best value, quality, and selection. Plus, we want you to enjoy your purchase! In the event you wish to send a product back to us, you may return most unused items for a refund or exchange, minus shipping, within 90 days from the date of purchase unless noted below under exceptions and exclusions. Refunds are issued to the original form of payment.
Injuries, fatalities, and loss of property are all preventable by ensuring proper tongue weight. Pressure on the stainless steel tow ball sends a reading to the built-in scale that measures tongue weight (lbs.) GMC guidelines for proper towing states tongue weight should be no less than 10% of gross trailer weight (GTW) and no more than 15%. For example, tongue weight for a 10,000 pound full-loaded trailer should be no less than 1,000 lbs. and no more than 1,500 lbs.
Note: Weigh Safe max tongue weight is 1,500 lbs. (2” shank) and 2,200 lbs.(2.5” & 3” shank). Do not tow if your reading is in the red zone.
Features: Weigh Safe comes in four different drop sizes – 4", 6”, 8", and 10" – that adjust in one-inch increments to fit your need. Weigh Safe can also be used in the rise position. Weigh Safe comes standard with a slider lock and dust lock cover.
- Once your trailer coupler is attached, the stainless steel tow ball will press down on a piston which will pressurize the hydraulic bed of oil which sends a reading to the scale accurately indicating your tongue weight.
- For safe towing, tongue weight should be between 10-15% of the gross trailer weight.
- Since 1975, trailer-related fatalities have climbed to 19,582. Since 1988, reported injuries have surpassed 800,000 and over 2 million vehicles, boats, trailers, and other property have been damaged or totaled.
- Weigh Safe won the 2014 SEMA award for Best New Tools and Equipment
- Weigh Safe comes in a 2" (10,000 max GTW), 2.5" (14,500 max GTW), or new 3” (21,000 max GTW) shank to accommodate both older and newer truck models.