The first and only COAST GUARD COMPLIANT DISTRESS LIGHT to legally eliminate the requirement to carry toxic marine flares.
Never buy flares again! The Weems and Plath SOS Distress Light is a battery-operated light that's visible for over 10 nautical miles. The family-safe design is non-pyrotechnic. This distress light illuminates for 60 hours when run on low intensity; at peak intensity, the light runs for 6 hours. Buoyant and lightweight, the SOS Distress Light can be handheld, tethered, or hoisted aloft. Complies with all US Coast Guard requirements for "Night Visual Distress Signals" (46 CFR 161.013). When combined with the included daytime distress signal flag, this kit meets all USCG Federal Requirements for carriage of DAY and NIGHT Visual Distress Signals.
• High-performance microprocessor controls the SOS signal
• Potent CREE LED bulb
• Simple on/off switch
• Omni-directional light for surface rescue craft and a vertical beam visible to aircraft overhead
• Operates on three C alkaline batteries (not included)
• Weighs 1.7 lbs.
• Distress light measures 10" x 5" x 5"
• Flag measures 34.5" x 37"