The Ritchie Helmsman HF-742 Compass provides optimum illumination of the dial and lubber lines without hot spots or loss of night vision. The true spherical shape of the dome and bowl allows the dial and gimbal assembly to rotate smoothly for heel, pitch, and yaw motions while minimizing turbulence in the damping fluid. The dome provides clear, accurate magnification and is made of heavy-duty, optically clear polymer that prevents sun crazing and cracking. The O-ring seal is a custom Nitrile rubber. The dial assembly is gimbaled in a two-axis system where exact tolerances are maintained for smooth motion. The entire assembly is held level with a counterbalance. Only high Gauss magnets that are field-balanced to seek and lock onto magnetic north are used. The heart of the Ritchie compass is the triple-cup sapphire jewel and hardened steel pivot. Exclusive 5-year Ritchie warranty.
Helmsman HF-742 Flush-Mount Compass
• 3-3/4" PowerDamp Flat Dial
• Exclusive built-in green NiteVu night illumination
• Built-in compensators to easily adjust for deviation
• Powerful DirectiveForce Magnets for fast heading lock-on
• Movable sun shield
• 45° lubber lines
• Overall: 5-5/32" dia. x 4-9/16"H
• 2-7/16"H above mounting surface
• Easily installed in 4" dia. mounting hole
Note: Retrofit adpater (item #7003815) required when replacing the Ritchie HF-72 Compass with this HF-742 Compass.