The JVC KD-R97MBS CD Receiver is designed to deliver outstanding sound quality in marine environments. This marine CD receiver features Bluetooth automatic pairing. Just connect your device via USB and the auto pairing function completes the pairing with no complicated procedure to worry about. You can also connect two phones full time via Bluetooth. Calls to either phone can be received by a push of a key on the head unit. Android AOA2 support lets you plug and play your Android smartphone or tablet. Features K2 Technology for enhanced digital sound quality, Time Alignment, Sound Lift, and Space Enhancement for virtual surround with just 2 speakers. 13-band EQ. Backlit display. Conformal-coated PCB. 2-Zone variable color illumination. Front USB. Front AUX input. 3 pairs of line out terminals. 18FM/6AM presets. 50W x 4 max output. Installation size: 7-3/16"W x 2-1/8"H x 6-1/4"D.
Android Music Playback via USB (AUTO MODE/AUDIO MODE)
Simply connect your Android smartphone or tablet to the receiver via USB and enjoy a totally "plug and play" music playback solution. The Android Open Accessory Protocol (AOA2) is supported so absolutely no preparation or set-up is necessary. Just plug it in and it's ready to play audio files stored on your Android device in what's called "AUDIO MODE". Or, by installing the free JVC Music Play app available on Google Play, you'll be able to access "AUTO MODE" for added functionality including Folder Up & Down and Search Artist/Album/Song.
iPhone/Android Bluetooth Automatic Pairing
Just connect your iPhone or Android device via USB, and the automatic Bluetooth pairing function will work to complete the pairing. No complicated manual procedure to worry about.
2 Phones Full-Time Connection
You can connect two phones full time via Bluetooth, with secure and simple pairing. Calls to either phone can be received by a push of a key on the head unit.
Bluetooth AVRCP1.5 for Versatile Song Selection
In addition to repeat and random playback of music files, you can also easily search for songs using the browsing function. Just look for and choose the song you want to hear from the folder name and song name lists.
Bluetooth Hands-Free Profile 1.6
HFP 1.6 Wideband Speech is supported, so you can now enjoy hands-free phoning convenience together with higher voice quality and improved noise reduction.
JVC Streaming DJ
Connect up to 5 Bluetooth devices simultaneously, so you and your friends can take turns streaming music like a DJ.
K2 Technology for Enhanced Digital Sound Quality
K2 is a JVC/Kenwood original technology that reproduces the original master sound by expanding the bit rate and frequency range. K2 is compatible with all sources including CD. For example, K2 will expand the digital data of the audio CD recorded at 44.1kHz/16 bit to 48 kHz/24 bit, and recreate the high-frequency range above 20kHz that is cut during the CD formatting.
By selecting the speaker type and the distance to the center of the listening position, the head unit will automatically adjust the timing of the sound output from each of the speakers so that the sound from each of the speakers will arrive exactly at the same time to the listening position.
Virtually manipulate the height of the speakers by adjusting the sound frequencies.
This function boosts the low frequencies which can be lost during compression to MP3 or AAC.
Space Enhancement is a virtual surround technology using two speakers. Just select the vehicle size, and the head unit automatically adjusts the sound effectively.
Volume Link EQ
Volume Link EQ boosts specific frequencies in the audio signal to compensate for the impact of road noise. It boosts frequencies in the music that are affected by road noise.
Use the 13-Band Equalizer to manually adjust the sound to your taste.
Pandora / iHeartRadio Control (Android/iPhone)
Listen to Pandora, iHeartRadio, and Spotify from your smartphone with smooth control on the head unit via USB or Bluetooth connection for iPhone, and via Bluetooth for Android devices.
Ready for SiriusXM Radio. You can listen to over 100 channels of music, sports, and entertainment.
2-Line VA LCD Display
Equipped with VA (Vertical Alignment) LCD panels that offer a broader angle of view and better visibility. The 2-line display provides more information with animation effects.
2-Zone Variable-Color Illumination
You can mix the front panel illumination, separated into 2 zones. 50 preset patterns (49 colors + 1 user color preset) are available for easy customization. In addition, manual setting is possible to set each RGB color by 32 steps, providing a total of 32,768 different colors for each zone to match your preferences. You can even enjoy moving illumination, selectable from 10 color animation patterns.
On-screen display menu now available in Spanish.
High Current 1.5A Charging
Rapidly charge your smartphone using the USB port, with up to a maximum of 1.5A.
• Display Type: 2-Line VA LCD Display
• LCD Color: Black Text, White Backlight
• Auto Dimmer
• Brightness Control
• MP3 Compatible with Tag: CD / USB
• WMA Compatible with Tag: CD / USB
• WAV Compatible with Tag: USB
• AAC Compatible with Tag: USB
• FLAC Compatible with Tag: USB
• Built-in Bluetooth Version 3.0 (Wired Mic included)
• Hands Free Call (HFP 1.6 wideband speech)
• 2 Phones Full-Time Connection
• Audio Streaming and Control (A2DP, AVRCP)
• 5 BT-Audio Connections (Streaming DJ)
• Voice Recognition Dialing w/compatible mobile phone
• Phone Book Access Profile (PBAP)
• iPhone and Android Automatic Pairing
• Battery Charge via USB (1.5A Max.)
• Front USB
• Front AUX Input
• Line Output Terminals (Pair): 3 Pairs (Front + Rear + Subwoofer)
• Pre-Output Level: 4.0V
• Subwoofer Output with Level / Frequency Control (Level -50 to +10)
• Subwoofer Output Level: 4.0V
• SiriusXM Ready
• Radio Data Broadcast System (RBDS) with Radio Text Plus
• Digital Processing Tuner
• Preset Stations: 18FM + 6AM
• Strong Station Memory (for FM)
• Radio Timer (Once / Daily / Weekly)
• Tuner Preset Memory (for power disconnection)
• FM Frequency Range: 87.9 - 107.9MHz (200kHz)
• AM Frequency Range: 530 - 1,700kHz (10kHz)
• Maximum Power Output: 50W x 4 / 50W x 2 + Subwoofer (4 ohms) 50W x 1
• Typical Power Output: 22W x 4 (Full Bandwidth Power, at less than 1% THD)
• MOS-FET Amplifier
• Subwoofer Direct Connection (Mono Lch)
• 13-Band Graphic EQ
• 11 Preset EQs
• Bass Boost
• Loudness Control (Off / Low / High)
• High-Pass Filter / Low-Pass Filter
• Detachable Face Panel
• Wired Remote Control Ready (not included)
• Steering Remote Control Ready
• Antirust-Coating for Marine
• Installation Size: 7-3/16"W x 2-1/8"H x 6-1/4"D (182 x 53 x 158mm)