Minn Kota RT80/S Riptide Saltwater Transom-Mount Trolling Motor
Simple one-hand stow mechanism
Precise steering tension control
Advanced corrosion protection
Availability: Sold Out
- Additional discounts do not apply.
details & specsback to top
Product DescriptionRiptide Transom steps up to the rigors of saltwater and never backs down. Where lesser motors fold their tents and head home under pressure, Riptide Transom brings it day after day. You simply cannot find a trolling motor better suited for saltwater fishing.
* A remarkably simple, one-hand stow mechanism gets Riptide Transom in and out of the water in no time. Just pull up and forward to stow the motor with no buttons or release levers. Then when it is time to go, use the easy-access thumb release to deploy Riptide Transom into any of ten different positions.
Steering Tension Control
* The innovative tension collar above the Riptide Transom mount allows you to adjust steering tension precisely to your desired level. Keep it loose for effortless steering, or tighten it down to keep Riptide Transom in place - which allows for true vertical stowing.
Quick-Lock Cam Depth Adjuster
* Change depths simply and securely with the Quick-Lock Cam Depth Adjuster. It makes depth adjustment simple and locks in tight to keep your motor right where you want it.
* Get the best of both worlds with the new Tilt/Extend Tiller. It can both tilt (up to 45°) and extend (6") to fit the way you fish.
Push-to-Test Battery Gauge
* Get an instant "state of charge" with this easy-to-read gauge.
Weedless Wedge 2 Prop
* Push weeds away, and take on the thick stuff without battery-draining chopping and hacking. Weedless Wedge 2 features swept-back, flared blades for unrelenting, reliable prop performance.
Advanced Corrosion Protection
* Riptide motors are impervious to the corrosive effects of saltwater, thanks to premium-grade marine alloys and aluminum upper arms. Metals undergo a rigid multi-step cleaning process before being anodized or coated with a special zinc dichromate armor plating. All components are then finished with a durable 5-mil TGIC polyester, powder-coated paint.
Fully Encapsulated Electronics
* Marine-grade urethane fully encapsulates Riptide control boards to protect the electronic circuitry. Also, all electrical connections are sealed with liquid-tight heat shrink tubing to form an impregnable barrier against saltwater.
* Galvanic corrosion occurs when two dissimilar metals come into electrical contact through saltwater. Riptide fights back with a sacrificial zinc anode, a composite shaft, and properly balanced materials that are close in electrical potential. The result is a motor that is completely protected from saltwater and its destructive forces.
Indestructible Composite Shaft
* Pound for pound, our composite shaft is stronger than steel. It flexes on impact and will not break, kink, or corrode.
* This motor is backed up with Minn Kota's two-year warranty.