details & specsback to top
Product DescriptionSimrad NSE, this tough, versatile chartplotter / multifunction display, features pre-loaded cartography (Insight HD), full compatibility with SimNet marine electronics, and user-friendly controls.
Built to withstand the toughest conditions, the Simrad NSE is a stunningly fast, full-function chartplotter right out of the box, supplied pre-loaded with HD Insight (USA only) cartography. But that's just the beginning, as the Simrad NSE offers owners the opportunity to add over time a wide range of modules and transducers that will extend its capabilities to include functioning as a best-in-class echo sounder / fishfinder, radar display (both HD and broadband), AIS transceiver, autopilot control, engine performance display, and much more, all accessible from a single screen. And it's all easy to install, thanks to its SimNet / NMEA2000 compatibility - just plug in the new unit, and the NSE will recognize and configure it automatically.
The Navico Broadband Sounder technology brings together a very clean, low power signal, an adaptable long pulse, and an extremely sensitive linear receiver. The resulting high quality signal and the best digital signal processing allow the BSM-1 to provide superior clarity and fantastic echo sounder images. In addition, the long pulse widths and clean, efficient signal provide an exponential difference in the ability to "Go Deep". No longer is power the measure of echo sounder performance. Side-by-side comparisons with existing technology prove that a "whisper" is better. Perfect echo sounder in waters from 10' down to 3,000'. Transducer not included.
• Pre-loaded Insight HD for the Americas, plus super-fast chart redraw for seamless navigation even at high speeds.
• Simple controls even for the first-time user, with an all-new alphanumeric keypad, rotary controller, and direct access keys.
• Fully compatible with the revolutionary broadband sounder / fishfinder BSM-1 module.
• Build your own network of state-of-the art Simrad navigation technology for professional-grade performance; just plug in broadband or HD radar, best-in-class autopilots, AIS, and more to create an integrated navigation station.
• Rugged aluminum construction for the most challenging conditions and environments.
• Very high resolution screen and super-bright LED backlighting, yet with 60% lower power consumption.
• High-brightness bonded screens with LED backlight technology
• An 80GB hard drive for the cartography together with a 1.6 GHz CPU for ultra-fast chart redraw
• GS15 Active GPS Antenna For NSE Series - Simrad's GS15 High Speed 5Hz GPS antenna is a powerful technological marine innovation compatible with Simrad's NSE series.
• Navico BSM-1 Broadband Sounder Module - Compatible with Lowrance HDS Series, and the Simrad NSE Series.