Simple menu and soft key controls
Single AIS transmitter
Three AIS receivers
Compact, rugged enclosure
The AIS950 has a convenient `one-box' design containing the complete AIS transceiver system and LCD display.
Simple menu and soft key controls allow full access to all AIS features and functions. The high-contrast LCD display provides clear presentation of AIS target data and is LED backlit for nighttime operation. AIS950 also features an integrated alarm buzzer to keep you alerted to vital information.
The AIS950 is equipped with a state-of-the-art radio transceiver system for unrivaled performance and reliability. A single AIS transmitter and three AIS receivers ensures maximum target reception even in congested waterways. The AIS950 is also equipped with a GPS receiver for time synchronization as required by Class A regulations. All of this is built into a compact, rugged enclosure, built to withstand the extreme environment of commercial maritime service.
The AIS950 features 7 serial data ports (4 bidirectional) for connecting to Raymarine and 3rd party navigation systems as well as other shipboard peripherals, like DGPS receivers, gyrocompasses, and ECDIS systems. For commercial-ship applications, the AIS950 features a front-mounted pilot-plug connection. A dedicated PC serial data connection point is provided for programming, diagnostics, or external display connection.
AIS950 Class A Transceiver Features:
• Fully compliant Class A AIS product in a single unit.
• Class A engine delivers unrivaled performance and reliability.
• 240 x 128 LED backlit LCD display; Rotary encoder for selection and entry; Two soft keys & two menu keys; Alarm buzzer
• Data interfaces: RS232 38.4k baud bi-directional (PC connection); IEC61162-2 bi-directional interfaces x 3; IEC61162-1/2 sensor inputs x 3; DGPS correction data input (ITU-R M.823-2); NMEA2000 for AIS data and GPS position output.
• Connectors: RF - VHF antenna SO-239/VHF and GPS antenna TNC female; Data: RS232 9 way D and IEC 61162 50 way D; Power: 4 pin; NMEA 2000 in
• Operating voltage: 10.8V to 31.2V DC
• Engineered to operate reliably for years in the toughest of environments and is constructed from a combination of marine-grade plastics and metals.