detailsback to top
Powerwinch Automatic Free-Fall Windlass Features:
• Free-Fall System anchors up to 300'/min - Up to four times faster than powering down.
• Exclusive stainless steel rope & chain guidance system will stand up to years of use.
• Ultra smooth motor uses less amps; Free-fall action preserves your battery.
• Built with durable stainless steel fasteners to resist corrosion.
• Watertight seals for additional protection against corrosion.
• One-piece motor plate for smooth power transmission & improved gear life.
• Heat-treated oil-impregnated gear systems offer smoother operation.
• Stainless steel drive shafts.
• Replaceable Rode-Glide smoothly channels rope and chain below deck.
• Use tapered back splice for smooth rope-to-chain transition.
• 10.6"H x 7"W x 6.3"D
q & aback to top
Do you have questions about this product? 4 easy ways to get the answers you need:
get answers from real customers and in-house experts with AnswerBox.
Q:what does this come wtth [breakers,switch, and it is free fall from the helm I don't have to unlock anything at the windlassAsked on 6/24/2014 by scootter from nashville tn
The Powerwinch Sport Fish 450 comes with the following items:
- 1-Anchor Winch, 3 - 5/16-18 x 3.5 Stud, 3 - 5/16 Lock Washer, 3 - 5/16 Flat Washer, 3 - 5/16-18 Nut, 1 - 25A Circuit Breaker, 1 - Switch Plate, 4 - #10 x 3/4 Screw, Switch-DPDT and 1 - Mounting Template. Please read the following instructions for operating the Windlass:
OPERATING THE ANCHOR WINCH ANCHORING
1. Turn boat into wind and place boat motors in neutral.
2. After the boat has stopped all forward progress, drop anchor by pressing the
winch switch in the down position for approximately 5 seconds. After the
anchor has begun to free-fall it is safe to release the switch.
CAUTION NEVER REVERSE THE WINCH WHILE THE UNIT IS IN FREE-FALL MODE
3. After the desired amount of rope has
been release, retrieve 3'-5' of line by
pressing the switch in the up position.
4. Tie the rope off to a deck cleat. DO NOT use the winch to tie-off the anchor.
5. Place the boat's motors in neutral and allow the boat to drift back and set the
anchor in the sea bed.
RETRIEVING THE ANCHOR
1. Untie the rope from the deck cleat.
2. Align bow of boat with anchor rode.
3. Place the boat's motors in forward and move boat slowly toward the anchor
point. While moving press the winch switch in the UP position.
CAUTION: DO NOT PULL THE BOAT TO THE ANCHOR POINT WITH THE ANCHOR
WINCH. THIS CAN CAUSE DAMAGE TO THE WINCH MOTOR AND GEAR TRAIN.
ALWAYS USE THE BOAT MOTOR TO MOVE TOWARD THE ANCHOR POINT.
4. When the chain begins enter gypsy, the rode is almost retrieved. Do not
allow the anchor to pull up to quickly into the davit or bow roller.
5. When the anchor reaches the davit or bow roller, do not place too much
tension on the chain between the winch and anchor. This can cause
damage to the davit or winch gypsy.
6. Tie off the anchor for storage and travel.
SteveAnswered on 7/10/2014 by Anonymous
Q:what size anchor line and chain does this windlass handle. I have a 27 foot sea ray, is this a good choice for my boat?Asked on 1/19/2014 by Fisherman
A:This windlass accepts a 1/2" nylon anchor line and 1/4" high test chain. This is recommended for most boats up to 27'.Answered on 1/20/2014 by Product Expert from Overton's