Replacement grommet for all Splash Island Mats
Easy-to-install two-piece design
Includes attachment loop for easy tie-up
Fits any floating mat up to 2.3" thick
This replacement grommet features a two-piece design for easy installation and secure attachment. The grommet kit includes a 5' bungee cord with looped end for securing your Splash Island to your drift anchor. The two-piece grommet fits any Overton's Splash Island or floating mat up to 2.3" thick. Durable injection-molded nylon construction.
How To Install The Splash Island Grommet and Bungee Cord with Attachment Loop
Follow these instructions for simple installation of your Splash Island Grommet.
1. Identify the top and bottom pieces of the grommet. The bottom half of the grommet has a larger opening, while the top half has a smaller fitting with clips that fits inside the opening on the bottom piece. The top piece also has notches in the hole for holding the attachment cord in place.
2. Once you've determined the bottom piece of the grommet, insert this half of the grommet through the hole in your Splash Island from the bottom side of the mat. (Remember the top of the mat has the logo printed on it.)
3. Lay the bottom side of the mat on a hard surface and insert the top half of the grommet through the hole from the top of the mat.
4. Firmly push the top half of the grommet into the bottom half until you hear a click. For the thinner 3-layer Splash Island, insert until you hear 2 or 3 clicks.
5. Insert the looped end of the bungee cord attachment through the top of the grommet. You'll need to pinch the cord together tightly to fit it into the opening on the grommet. Pull the attachment loop and bungee cord all the way through the grommet.
6. Line up the tabs on the black plastic end of the attachment loop with the notches in the top of the grommet. Push the plastic end into the grommet until it snaps in place.
You are now ready to attach your drift anchor and start enjoying your Splash Island Mat. Please remember, the bungee cord attachment loop should only be used for attaching the Splash Island to a drift anchor. Never tow your Splash Island or attach it to a boat or dock.