Maretron NMEA 2000 Network Micro Tee
- This item can only be shipped to U.S. addresses.
- Additional discounts do not apply.
Meets NMEA 2000 specifications
Use a Tee to connect devices to the trunk line
Connects to Micro cable
Screw thread connectors to prevent disconnects
A Tee is used to add a drop connection by tapping into the trunk line. Caps are available for tees not in use or left open for a protected diagnostic connection. Tees can be mated with all other devices on the network of the same connector style. Tees feature one male and one female connector for the trunk line, and a female connector on the bottom for the drop line. Mini/Micro Tee has Mini connectors for the trunk lines and a Micro connector for the drop line. Meets NMEA 2000 specifications.
Maretron NMEA 2000 Cables and Connectors
The NMEA 2000 standard defines requirements for cables and connectors making up the physical interface. These Maretron cables and connectors are NMEA 2000 approved for building an operational NMEA 2000 network. There are three types of NMEA 2000 cabling systems: Micro, Mid, and Mini. The Micro/Mid cable system is generally used for smaller networks requiring less power (i.e. less than 4 amps per network leg), while the Mini cable system is used for larger networks (i.e. between 4 and 8 amps per leg).
Maretron NMEA 2000 Cable and Connector Features:
• Trunk and drop line topology, allowing you to remove or reconnect a powered component, while the rest of the network remains operational
• Cable includes power and ground for powering equipment drawing less than 1 amp/device
• Connectors include keys and keyways for simple error-free connections
• Screw thread connectors reduce chances of accidental disconnects
• Waterproof system prevents corroded intermittent connections and remains functional when submerged in the bilge
• Three independent cable shields-power pair, signal pair, and overall cable-protect system from external noise (i.e. high power radio transmitters and radar units)
• Nickel-plated brass connector ends
• Phosphor bronze contact base material with gold over nickel plate offers reliable connections
• Overmolded cable connector ends provide strain relief
• Diagnostic components enable trained and untrained personnel to diagnose and troubleshoot network installations