You May Also Likeback to top
detailsback to top
Product DescriptionMicro bulk cable is primarily used as drop cable, but it can also be used as the trunk line depending on network power requirements. Use bulk cable with field-attachable connectors for maximum flexibility, creating exact length cables on the job. Meets and exceeds NMEA 2000 specifications for the highest reliability. Gray.
Maretron NMEA 2000 Cables and Connectors
The NMEA 2000 standard defines requirements for cables and connectors making up the physical interface. These Maretron cables and connectors are NMEA 2000 approved for building an operational NMEA 2000 network. There are three types of NMEA 2000 cabling systems: Micro, Mid, and Mini. The Micro/Mid cable system is generally used for smaller networks requiring less power (i.e. less than 4 amps per network leg), while the Mini cable system is used for larger networks (i.e. between 4 and 8 amps per leg).
Maretron NMEA 2000 Cable and Connector Features:
• Trunk and drop line topology, allowing you to remove or reconnect a powered component, while the rest of the network remains operational
• Cable includes power and ground for powering equipment drawing less than 1 amp/device
• Connectors include keys and keyways for simple error-free connections
• Screw thread connectors reduce chances of accidental disconnects
• Waterproof system prevents corroded intermittent connections and remains functional when submerged in the bilge
• Three independent cable shields-power pair, signal pair, and overall cable-protect system from external noise (i.e. high power radio transmitters and radar units)
• Nickel-plated brass connector ends
• Phosphor bronze contact base material with gold over nickel plate offers reliable connections
• Overmolded cable connector ends provide strain relief
• Diagnostic components enable trained and untrained personnel to diagnose and troubleshoot network installations