Garmin GDL 40 On-Demand Cellular Marine Weather Receiver
Access wind, temperature, radar, and more
NMEA 2000 compatible
First year subscription included with purchase
Availability: Sold Out
- Please note: This item can only be shipped to U.S. addresses.
- Additional discounts do not apply.
You May Also Likeback to top
detailsback to top
The GDL 40 is NMEA 2000 compatible for easy plug-and-play installation. In addition to conventional pole or flush surface mounting, the GDL 40 can also be attached to the underside of many fiberglass or wooden decks, making it easily concealable. For improved reception, a third-party external antenna can be attached.
Pay As You Go
Because the GDL 40 receives data via cellular networks rather than satellites, it can provide weather information at a fraction of the cost. The system employs an on-demand cost structure, so there are no monthly subscription fees, only a small annual activation fee - the first of which is included in the price of the device.
Once you've activated your GDL 40, you can then purchase day passes from the device for just $4.99. A day pass provides you with 24 hours of continuous weather data.
GDL 40 Weather Receiver Features:
• Pay as you go GSM weather solution
• Provides current conditions and marine and city forecasts
• Simply select the "Buy Weather" option on the chartplotter to begin downloading weather data
• Weather features include: live weather radar, wind speeds/direction, sea surface temperatures, wave heights, local forecasts, county/marine warnings, lightning, buoy data, and more
• Weather coverage area: up to 620 x 620 miles
• NMEA 2000 connectivity for easy installation
• Multiple mounting options - includes pole mount, surface mount, and under deck mount
• Can be connected to aftermarket external GSM antennas
• FREE first year subscription free included with purchase
• Waterproof - IPX7 standards