Enter or verify that code SUMMER50 is in your cart at checkout, and a $15 discount will be applied to your order over $100, and a $50 discount will be applied to your order over $250. Your savings will be based on the merchandise total only, excluding shipping, handling, additional freight, and taxes. This offer can not be combined with any other offer. Other restrictions and exclusions may apply. Offer expires at 11:59pm ET on 8/23/14. Click here for full details >
Furuno NavPilot 520 Autopilot
Learns your vessel's steering characteristics
Perfect for power, sail, or work boats
Works with Furuno radars to enhance fishing
Multiple station capability
Availability: Sold Out
- Please note: This item can only be shipped to U.S. addresses.
- Additional discounts do not apply.
You May Also Likeback to top
detailsback to top
Self-learning and adaptive software.
Here is the key to how Furuno has revolutionized the autopilot marketplace with the NavPilot series. From the first dock-side setup through the last voyage you made, the NavPilot 520 continues to learn your vessel's steering characteristics. This allows for dynamically adjusting the boat's steering for vessel speed, trim, draft, tide and wind effects, weather, etc. These characteristics are stored in the processor's memory where they are continuously optimized to make the Furuno NavPilot 520 more versatile.
Perfect for power, sail, or work boats.
With a standard set of features unrivaled by any other autopilot on the market, the NavPilot series is perfect for any vessel from sailboats through powerboats and everything in between.
• Auto Mode - one press of a button turns the steering over to the NavPilot 520 to free you to monitor your radar, chart plotter, etc.
• Advanced Auto Mode - utilizes automatic ground tracking control to steer the vessel.
• Nav Mode - track control system referenced on a precision cross track error when integrated with GPS navigator.
• Wind Mode - allows you to control your sailboat while compensating for the effects of wind and tide.
Fishing just got easier with the exclusive FishHunter (For powerboat only).
FishHunter is a unique feature of the Furuno NavPilot series. Find a fish target with your Furuno sonar/sounder or bird target with your Furuno radar, and feed it to the NavPilot 520. The NavPilot 520 will activate the FishHunter mode to perform orbit, spiral, or figure-eight maneuvers around the specified target. This feature can also be used for Man Overboard (MOB).
Furuno NavPilot 520 Standard Features:
• High Performance Handheld Autopilot System
• Revolutionary "Adaptive" technology continuously improves performance for exact and safe navigation
• Standard "Rate Gyro" PG500R compass sensor (Compass Options include Furuno SC Series Satellite Compass, Gyro, etc.)
• Four Operating Modes:
* Auto Mode - one press of a button turns the steering over to the NavPilot to free you to monitor your radar, chartplotter, etc.
* Advanced Auto Mode - utilizes automatic ground tracking control to steer the vessel.
* Nav Mode - track control system referenced on a precision cross track error when integrated with GPS navigator.
* Wind Mode - allows you to control your sailboat while compensating for the effects of wind and tide.
• Large 3.6" (viewable area, 160 x 80 pixels) Silver Bright, high-resolution graphics on LCD display
• Proportional Rate Rudder Control(w/Reversing Motor Drive Units) or Solenoid Control
* AUTO (Fixed Heading Control)
* ADVANCED AUTO (Fixed Ground Tracking Eliminating Effects of Wind, Tides, Swells, or Fishing Operations)
* NAV (Navigation Track Control)
* AUTOWORK (Used For Trolling or Fishing Vessels That May Require Permanent Trim Compensation)
• Unique Fishhunter Modes - Execute ORBIT, SPIRAL, & FIG-8 modes directly or remotely from a Furuno TLL capable product
• Precision NAV mode XTE Control (.001 NM)
• Extensive "Quick-Change" user customizable navigation data display modes
• Various Audible and Visual Alarms including user programmable alarm parameters
• "One-Touch" STBY, AUTO, NAV, and DODGE selections
• Tactile rotary knob course/menu selection
• Multiple Station Capability - Mix & Match up to six NavPilot 500 (FAP5001A), 511 (FAP5011A) or 520 (FAP5021A) displays in any combination
• May be configured for various Hydraulic or Mechanical Steering Systems
Furuno NavPilot 520 Basic System Specifications and Contents:
• FAP5021 Waterproof control unit with 10 meter pigtail interface/power cable, white weather cover, and standard mount hardware
• FAP5002 Universal Processor Unit/Junction Box:
* Controls Reversible Drive Units or Solenoid activated steering systems drawing up to 50 amps (25 amps continuous)
* Two software selectable/nameable NMEA0183 NAV Data input ports and two fully programmable NMEA0183 output ports; additionally, one shared RS232 NMEA0183 I/O port is included
* Extra Large Wire Compression Terminals for Power/Motor Connections and "Pluggable" wire compression connections for NavPilot sensors and I/O ports
• FAPAR4102 Waterproof Linear Rudder Reference Unit with Outboard Mounting Brackets:
* FAPAR4102 is designed specifically for the Teleflex HC5345 8" Hydraulic Steering Cylinder
* FAPAR4102 features a magnetic sensing design that has no moving parts and is immune to EMI from Fuel Injected Outboards.
* FAPAR4102 installs in a protected location behind the HC5345 Cylinder making it much less susceptible to damage from outboard engine raise/lower and fishing operations
• PG500R "Rate Gyro" compass sensor with LED Status Indicators and 10 Meter pigtail interface/power cable:
* PG500R includes one dedicated 6-pin Furuno AD10 protocal 25mS Data Port and one dedicated 6-pin NMEA0183 (0183HS Selectable) Data Port for Heading data distribution to radar, sonar, AIS, etc...(Both Output Ports feature robust RS485 Drivers that may be paralleled to three devices each)
* PG500R includes 10 Meter 6 pin-to-6 pin AD10/NMEA0183 Heading Cable for interfacing Furuno 17/18/19xx series Radar displays
* Full Control of PG500R is performed through NavPilot Display
Furuno NavPilot 520 Power Requirements:
• 12 or 24V DC
• 7 Watts - 1 control head (excluding pump)
• 36 Watts - 6 control heads (excluding pump)