Internal GPS helps rescuers pinpoint your location
Self-tests monitor power and battery performance
Highly visible LED strobe
Professional-grade unit is designed to float
The GlobalFix V4 EPIRB is a marine distress beacon with multiple built-in redundancies to increase your chances of survival in an emergency situation. The internal GPS will pinpoint your location, which is transmitted on the 406 MHz distress signal and can be used to triangulate your position. The beacon's 121.5 MHz homing signal will bring local search and rescue forces directly to your position, and the EPIRBs LED strobe light will allow them to visually locate your position in low light environments.
The GlobalFix V4 has two functional self-tests to monitor the beacon's transmission, power, and battery performance, as well as GPS acquisition. Pair these tests up with ACR's 406Link.com optional testing portal, and receive satellite confirmation messages directly on your cellphone or through email. The user-replaceable battery pack has a 10-year replacement interval, reducing the overall ownership cost and making replacement a breeze. Should you ever use the beacon in a life-threatening situation, ACR will replace it, free of charge.
• Designed to float
• 406 MHz frequency
• Highly visible, energy-efficient LED strobe
• Internal 66 channel GPS - Faster acquisition from a cold start
• High efficiency electronics performance you can count on
• Professional-grade design is engineered, tested, and built for years of marine use
• Simple manual activation - Keypad with protective cover to prevent false alarms
• Pre-programmed for the USA
• Mounting bracket included
• Five-year warranty